Otters are the single greatest creatures which God’s hands had ever placed upon this earth. Not only do they remind me of Gollum from Lord of the Rings, they have these things called “group rubbings” where they all get together and rub against one another. It’s a giant, fuzzy hullabaloo of squeaky goodness that makes you want to jump in and kiss an otter on the mouth.
They’re such capable creatures that they put the “can” in Lontra canadensis.
- They are masters of both land and water.
- They eat crayfish so I don’t have to.
- They can be trained by humans to catch and retrieve fish.
- Sadly, they are part of the weasel family and must overcome all of the bad connotations associated.
- The ability of flight eludes them, thus preventing these otherwise flawless creatures from soaring through the skies and wrapping their adorable paws around a perfect score. Which they would probably use as a tool to open shells.