Don’t be deceived by the slick, professional new look of the site, we’re still the same incompetent morons we were three days ago, we are just more handsome.
Anyway, it may take a little while getting used to the new layout of the site, but it is 100 times better than the old one. We still have the feature posts section, but it has been cut down to show only four posts instead of ten. The categories are at the top of the page now, so you can get to your topic of choice much more quickly now. And once there, you’ll notice that Category pages are displayed just like the front page, only without the sliding feature posts section. You’ll notice there is now only one sidebar making much more room for the articles so reading no longer feels cramped. We’re still getting used to everything as well, so some things may seems a little sloppy right now, but we’ll get everything going 100% here in about a week.
Just don’t be shy, click around and explore the site until you learn how to navigate, though I’m sure you’ll find it’s much easier to get around with the new layout than ever before.
Also on the agenda is a problem that has plagued Everyview since its birth. We need more writers. Three core writers and a couple of contributors aren’t enough to cover everything we want to, so we are opening our doors to any capable writers who want to join our team. It’s purely volunteer, but lots of people will be able to read your work and writing is the best outlet for creativity. We are primarily looking for writers to review books, games, and tech, but if we’ll take anything. As long as you’re at least a decent and entertaining writer, we’d love to have you! Send us an email to let us know if you’re interested!
That about sums up this week’s updates! Since we only post dry, boring updates on Sundays, check out the Weekly Awards, which we hand out to entertaining and awesome blogs that you should be reading!
- The “Quick, They’re Giving Away Free Stuff!” Award goes to Grub Grade. They’re giving away free Hardee’s Thickburgers!
- The “Eating Paper isn’t just for Special Kids Anymore” Award goes to Snack Snoop. Now vegans and health nuts can join in on the fun with Nori Paper!
- The “Holy Crap!!! More Free Stuff!” Award goes to SuperPhillip Central. Get a free WiiWare game to go along with your tasty burgers!
- The “Don’t Eat That Sandwich, Shoot it in the Head” Award goes to The Impulsive Buy. That is the sickest looking BLT I’ve ever seen, just take it out back and end its suffering!
- The “I Once Crawled Around Inside a Giant Turtle, Too” Award goes to We Rate Stuff for for their review of Mario and Luigi: Bowser’s Inside Story! Come to think of it, maybe I was just on Super Mushrooms…
There you have it! This week’s Update closes to an end. As always, keep reading Everyview!